Skate on PS3 - how bad are the framerate problems?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I think this game looks very tempting, I enjoyed the demo, but I've read a lot about the framerate issues that are plaguing the PS3 version. However, there seem to be varying reports on this, ranging from "noticeable, but no big deal" to "horrible, it's practically unplayable".

What do you guys think who have played the full version? Is it really that bad?

I am seriously considering buying it, but this is a concern to me. Maybe I will just wait for the sequel?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I hired the game on PS3 and must say that they are very bad at 'some points'. It's strange because you can revisit the same section and the FR drop isn't as noticeable. Maybe it's loading or a buffering issue mixed up with it ?

But for the most part the game is fluid, but it is a little jarring when it dips. Mostly stable though. I'd suggest you rent before you decided either way, simply because each persons viewpiont on 'acceptable' and 'playable' FR is different. Hence the many different reports.

But for me the most jarring part of the game and the thing I really don't like and stopped me making a 'purchase' is nothing to do with the engine, it's the position of the camera. Trying at times to see what's in front of you so that you can make a grind, but you simply can't because all you can see is a pair of skaters legs becomes really fustrating, tired and repetative very quickly. Having to take a massive turn-around and try again and again not because of a lack of your own skill but simply because you may as well be blindfolded is simply NOT enjoyable.

3. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I agree, that was the one huge thing I didn't like about Skate was the camera. In some areas it's not a problem but in others, it's a huge problem.