Skateboarders, what is your favorite wheel?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Jun 29, 2009.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

After having used Bones (also Powell/Skate One/Mini Logo), Element, Tony Hawk, Kryptonics, and Hubba wheels, my favorite are Pig Head 101 durometer skateboard wheels. Very narrow width measurement where the wheels meet the ground, and 54 mm. tall.

What are your favorites?

Attached Files:

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is going back a fair few years but I was always a fan of Bones. Think I even had a Bones deck at one point... Some plainish looking one so I didn't feel guilty about scratching it.

Skating... Haven't done that since 1999. Thanks for reminding me :D.

3. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

Bones makes perhaps the most expensive production wheel out there, which ranges from $33 dollars to $40 dollars a set. It's their top of the line Street Tech Formula series, called STFs by street skaters, and these wheels can take more abuse than anything out there. Some say they can last twice as long as the standard $25 dollar skateboard wheel.

My Pig Head skateboard wheels were $25 dollars and they are great in parks and street. Their hardness durometer are technically as hard as the Bones STFs, but there's something in those STFs which make them resistant to wear.

Attached Files:

4. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

When I skated in the late 80's I had a Vision Jinx board with Schmitt Stix wheels and Tracker trucks. Man I loved skating and had all kinds of custom made ramps for street use. My dad even built me a half-pipe in the backyard. Those were the days. :D

[​IMG]

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

When I used to skate (2 years ago), I usually had bones with an Anonymous or Habitat deck.

6. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Four years ago I had

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had really soft Spitfire wheels and expensive bearings. I loved them.