iPad Sketching on iPad mini vs iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hulk2012, Mar 24, 2013.

1. hulk2012 macrumors 6502

I about to get iPad mini mainly for my sketching as well as reading ebooks. Not really sure of screen sensitivity for sketching thought between mini and 4. Any advise?

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

3. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

The sensitivity is the same, just a smaller screen.

4. hulk2012 thread starter macrumors 6502

Having mini Wacom 4 tablet I don't really complain. Why would I be with mini iPad?

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

There is basically little to no screen sensitivity in any of the iPads. This has been a huge sticking point with the newer android tablets etc. They love to hype how they, unlike iOS devices, have a Wacom digitizer that gets like 100 levels of pressure sensitivity. For something even close you'd have to use a stylus that provides control via bluetooth or such, like the newer Pogo

6. hulk2012 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sketching on iPad mini vs iPad 4

I completely agree. Android tablets rule with their Wacom digitizers.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That's a very good and valid reason to hype.

8. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

If you're going to be sketching, it seems like a bigger screen would work much better. The mini's screen is probably too small to be effective.

9. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

I just sold my new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Quadcore tablet with the S-pen to buy this iPad 4. I really miss the S-Pen stylus! LOVE the iPad 4 much more but I cannot lie, that stylus was fantastic and the best for drawing apps. The pressure sensitivity was a beautiful thing...

Anyway, the retina screen and larger screen is more enjoyable for sketching for sure