Skeuomorphic Icons-Interesting

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by iPad Air, Oct 24, 2013.

1. iPad Air macrumors regular

This IS just a little thing, but seems like something that Craig and his team would have changed. Oh, I'm not complaining, just pointing this out. Take a look at the Notes, Contacts and the Calendar Icon. It seems they would have made them fit in a little more, less skeuomorphism.

Attached Files:

2. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

I read

I read the Ars Technica review of Mavericks and the information the reviewer got is if they changed all the icons to fit the new OS and redesigned the appearance to more closely match IOS the OS would not have come out until next year - to fit the timeframe they had to ship it now.

3. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

Something tells me you're only reporting this to draw attention to your username.

Success, I guess.

4. iPad Air thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I am a newbie in the forums, a longtime MacRumors reader. Since this is my first day on here, wanted to dive in. You are pretty much correct. Though, I did really think this is interesting.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

On the one hand, no, the Mac is not going to get iOS 7 icons. Those are specifically made for a touch environment.

On the other hand, yes, I think that the 'Maps' icon is the future of the Mac OS. It's 3D and looks like you could touch it, but it looks more like a cartoon than an actual object.

I noticed that too, and found Calendar and Contacts to be a bit odd. (Especially compared to how the programs themselves changed.) I think they'll eventually change, but it'll be more of a subtle style shift than a massive change.