Skin + Defender = Overkill?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Fr3sh2De4th, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Fr3sh2De4th macrumors newbie

Thinking about getting a skin (A white carbon fiber one, undecided on brand so far) for those days I can go without a case (When I'm simply going to class/sitting around my dorm all day :eek:). However I really believe I need the protection that an otterbox provides.

Anyways, my question goes to any Defender owners out there, have you tired using you case with a full body skin (clear,designed,etc.)? Does it fit in the case? Do you see a drastic change in screen response?

2. rosscopecotrain macrumors newbie

I used a defender on my iphone 4 , it made a right mess of my screen. Dirt gets trapped behind the clear plastic and ends up scratching the glass more than not having one on. On my 4s I used a screen protector as well as a defender and after a years use was a lot better.

No difference in screen response either when using one.

3. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

applied the best skins ever and then put on the defender. very snug fit but it did close. however it will put marks on the skins. haven't decided if i will keep the defender. may find a silicone case or something more flexible now that the back side and front are more protected.