Skin for a white iPhone, that will NOT become yellow?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JoQ, Jan 18, 2010.

1. JoQ macrumors newbie

Hi there!

I'm kinda tired of searching for good skins for my iPhone. I got a white one and the two skins i tried (Z-Life and GadgetShieldz) have both become grey/yellow. It looks very nice the first days after applying, but a week or two later they start to look yellow. Very very ugly!

Everyone keeps recommending Best Skins Ever, but most of you guys have black iPhone's and you wont notice this problem. I found this one: http://forums.mactalk.com.au/31/56620-best-skins-ever-mini-review.html
    Not looking so good.

So is there any good skins for a white iPhone?
    I'm looking for a simple-back skin, not for the corners of the phone.

2. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

the BSE simple back is what you're looking for and since its just the back, it should not collect as much gunk if any
    or get invisibleshield or bodyguardz as they offer lifetime replacements and include the application formula

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've been through many cases, but now I'm convinced the Incipio NGP 20/20 clear is my last case. It's clear, not white and I'm not sure if you wanted white or clear. This case on a white phone is gorgeous. Nice fit, face down protection, no yellowing. You can even just rinse it off and it looks just like the day you got it.

Highly recommended.

Update: After using this for several weeks it has begun to turn "grey" on the back. I suppose this is just par for the course for "soft" or "gel-like" cases. They are slightly porous and therefore will take on dirt, oil, etc over time. That being said, I still love the fit and feel of this case, and I'll use it for as long as it lasts!

4. JoQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry but i'm not interested in a case, don't like the bulk. And I already own a Incipio Feather, and I think that makes the phone to big ;)

gunzmaiet, did you see the link I provided? And it's not the corners that are collecting dirt, it's the whole skin that will become yellowish.

5. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I've been using Wrapsol and I think its one of the best. I would pick Wrapsol over BSE or IS. I've used all three.

6. ihonda macrumors 68000

my wrapsol has turned a tad bit yellow-ish after 2 weeks of being put into a pouch.. nothing MAJOR but u notice it slightly on the corners.. it looks way better on a black then it does white

i have a white buddy has a black..

7. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

did you not see how the corners were especially dirty?
    the corners not being properly put on allowed dirt to get in and yellow the skin

8. JoQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Okey, that link was bad. But I have used two skins, properly installed, I know what to do. And they sit perfect in all corners. And the whole skin is yellow/greyish, evenly. Not just the corners.
    So that's not the problem, leave that now please!

So what about this Wrapsol skin, sounds interesting!?
    ihonda, could you please post pictures of your skin? Have searched for a long time, all I can find is newly installed, and all of thoose look great ofc.