Skin irritation from Sport band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rweed, May 8, 2015.

1. rweed macrumors newbie

I had an issue the first few days with the Sport blue band making my wrist red and itchy. On a hunch, I took the band off the watch and ran both pieces under running watch, rubbing with my hands.

I dried them off and put it back together. No more irritation! There must have been some residual chemicals from the manufacturing process, probably some kind of mold-release compound.

While the major issue with it is now resolved, I still don't know if I'm keeping it. There are some neat things, like navigation. When using the phone, you basically need to listen to the phone. With the watch, you don't. You can listen to your radio and you get tapped when you need to make a turn.

I don't remember this being advertised, but you can do music two ways on the watch. You can install music on it and use bluetooth headphones OR you can just use the music app to control the playing of music on your phone.

Star Walk has neat watch add-on if your an astronomy buff.

Still, a lot of money for things that are just 'neat', but not necessary.

2. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Ty for letting us know, I'll be sure to wash mine first when i finally get it.

3. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Thanks for the tip. My wife has irritation from it so this may be worth a try.

As for watch being neat and not necessary...
    I own an iMac, MacBook Air, iPad Air2, iPad 1, iPhone 6+, and an Apple Watch. I'm not sure I could say any of them are necessary. They are all neat though. You just have to decide if the watches neatness is good enough for the cost to you personally. I can't see any Apple device as necessary and I use them a lot for home and work.