Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missmilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
I'm getting the MBA 13" for my birthday in a week and after much debate on what protection to get I decided on a skin instead of cover. However I'm looking for a luxury type skin preferably a leather or suede and colorful. Anyone know where to find one? Oh and also looking for a colorful keyboard protector, any ideas? Thanks tons!!

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
I'm getting the MBA 13" for my birthday in a week and after much debate on what protection to get I decided on a skin instead of cover. However I'm looking for a luxury type skin preferably a leather or suede and colorful. Anyone know where to find one? Oh and also looking for a colorful keyboard protector, any ideas? Thanks tons!!

What do you mean by skin? A sleeve?
Personally I use zagg's macbook air protector to prevent it from getting scratched or wear prematurely. If you get a keyboard protector be aware that it will press against your screen and leave marks with the outlines of the keys on them.

kjmff5

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
iCarbon total body skin + Moshi keyboard cover. Perfect combo. Doesn't touch the screen when closed either.

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
iCarbon total body skin + Moshi keyboard cover. Perfect combo. Doesn't touch the screen when closed either.

For my mid12 AIR, keyboard touches screen even it has no cover on in (tried moshi but the touched area expanded, so i removed it)

Also I have installed a cheap ebay carbon skin which i am very happy about, with no problems so far. Go for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.