Skin on dented MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikesaidthis, Nov 26, 2013.

1. mikesaidthis macrumors newbie

mikesaidthis

Ok, so I am new here.. Hi. In any event. I have a Late 2012 MBP 13". I take super good care of it 99.8% of the time. Somehow, it has accrued a small dent, right next to the Apple logo on the lid. This sucks. I know it's not a big deal, and it will happen and so forth... but it is irritating none the less. I have no case or skin for it. I have an incase neoprene sleeve that I keep it in almost always. I would get a case for it, but I was told that with the hard shell, it wouldn't fit in my neoprene sleeve. Is this true? Has anyone put a skin on a MBP with a dent on the lid? If so, could you still tell the thing was dented?

Just curious. Thanks so much for the help!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The sleeve may fit depending upon how tight it is now. Neoprene stretches a fair amount but you'd have to consider the zipper mostly.
    The skin could hide the dent depending upon the design I suppose. Even a decal of sorts could help.

3. mikesaidthis thread starter macrumors newbie

mikesaidthis

Thanks GoCubsGo. I was planning on just getting a plain, matte black or something similar. I may go with a wood grain one as those are pretty cool looking. I have had iCarbons ones before on my PowerBook that is still just lingering around in a closet somewhere, and on my iPhones. Is there a brand out there that is recommended over that? What about cases, never really bothered with them much.

Thanks again.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. ElliottG macrumors member

I have a clear case and an Incase neoprene plus sleeve and it fits fine...have to shuffle it a bit to get it in but no problems otherwise.

6. mikesaidthis thread starter macrumors newbie

mikesaidthis

Thanks! I will definitely try one out. The dent isn't bothering me as much anymore... as I figured it wouldn't. But keeping it nice for future sake is a smart move. Thanks for the help!

Mike