Skin options for MBPr

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nomad421, Aug 2, 2012.

1. nomad421 macrumors member

Hi all,

I've had my MBPr for about 2 weeks now and I've been somewhat anal with it's care. I carry it around inside an incase sleeve itself inside my laptop bag. Whenever I sit the computer on a desk / surface, I place it on top of the incase sleeve to ensure that I don't get any scratches on the bottom. Luckily, I've made it through airport security twice now without any scratches to my machine. However, I'd really like some extra protection, so that I can sit the machine down on a surface or put it in a security bin without worrying about scratches or other cosmetic damage.

I think I want to go with some sort of skin, as, unlike the hard cases, it adds the least bulk to the machine and changes its feel the least. In the past, I've gone with the invisible shield for my devices. However, I've always noticed some issues that turn me off a bit (discoloration around the edges when the machine is stored in my red incase sleeve and peeling / loosening of the skin around the wrist rest on my other machine). As such, I'd like to get the communities' input on the different skin options for the 15" MBPr. What are your experiences? What skins do you like the best? What should I use as protection for my awesome new toy ;-P?