Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
So, I bought the 2018 MBP and I want to keep it "new" as long as possible. I would love some opinions on whether you think a skin is better for protection or buying a hard card would be a better idea?

I'm afraid that a lot of dust would collect under the hard case. What do you think? I'd really appreciate some of your opinions! :)

Thanks in advance!

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Hard case can leave scratches if dirt gets in between the case and MBP. I would also recommend skin.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I have a skin on my 2016 MBP, I put it on after I nicked the top cover with a dongle or something. Its covered now :)

I never been a fan of hard covers and purchased many to end up returning them. But I reviewed the Tech 21 Clear for my 15" and purchased it about a month back. This is an excellent hard case and I feel much better taking my machine into plants, handing it over to security guards for examination, keeping it on a lunch table back to back to a Dell. It comes off easy and on easy, I like the extra protection for bumps vs scratches. As well as I purchased this from the Apple store so it has to be supported by them.

IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0013.jpg

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
Has anyone used a clear skin?

I believe you are talking bestskinever?

I have read reviews and posts where members liked and use the clear skin, the only concern for some is the wet method to apply clear skin.

is dbrand skin good?

Many users have dbrand skins, their video for installation on their website is pretty straight forward.

If you search this post only for the brand you are seeking should show some results

Retina MacBook Pro Bags, Sleeves, and Cases Thread

Last edited:

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Does anyone have any more recommendations for skins, please?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.