Skin Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chelsel, Aug 3, 2007.

1. chelsel macrumors 6502

is it possible to apply a new skin to Safari? I'm a recent Mac convert, but the brushed stainless reminds me too much of my refrigerator :)

Thanks,
    Cliff.

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

You can use an application called UNO, which can give it the "unified look" — think Mail, or similar to how Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) looks.

Some folks have complained of problems with UNO, so I would wait for a few opinions to come in.

I have installed and removed it and it has in no way affected the stability of my system.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, safari can not be skinned.

UNO is hardly a real safari "skin" utility. It only work in one purpose-makes safari's toolbar iTunes like.

4. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Yes, but it gets rid of the brushed metal, which is what the original poster was complaining about.

5. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

safari skin

Camino has a link to and application called 'Safaricon' which has the ability to alter the look of your browser quite a bit. Especially the tool bar icons. That's the best i can come up with. Godspeed.

6. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

one more thing...

safariStand has a couple of alternative skins to the standard metal look. not earth shattering or anything mind you, but a start and also free. 'kay?

7. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew