Skin sticks to Black Pro Mouse

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
I've been wanting to post this for a while, but haven't gotten around to it.

Does anyone else's skin stick to their Apple Pro Mouse (black). I've used a white pro mouse and my skin doesn't stick....just the black one.

Sometimes it's worse than pictures, but I just wiped it.

Weird? Look at the pics:

Attachments

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
i get that round the edges of my white pro mouse..

probably all the sweat and stuff that builds up during the day.

i find that on the white mouse (and maybe on the black, im not sure) a lot of grit/dirt builds up into the little grooves where the buttons are (on the side of the mouse).

i would take a picture, but i'm far too lazy :p

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
I thought it was just me.

Eat more Cheatos! This will reduce stickage between your fingers and the mouse and keyboard.

Side benefits are that cheese-o-riffic smell and the healthy glow your skin will take on before you keel over from cheese food product clogging the arteries.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
No problems with my white Apple Pro Mouse. But I have noticed that the black Apple Pro Mice (at college) tend to stick to my hand a little bit.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
its normal... it allways happens... allso with the white ones...
its mainly because of the 'glossy' finish... my mouse I use now (the first logitech optical) is a matte finish and it's less... only on the sides where its getting shiny from use it has it more...

it's an apple thing ;-)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
It makes it look gross though. :(

"Oh, look at my awesome, hot, sweet, brilliant Mac." *quickly throws something over mouse* "Yeah, just a mouse under there, nothing good."

:eek:

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
I haven't used my black pro mouse in some time, but I don't remember that happening. I'm picky, I'd notice that.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Slightly OT: When I saw the title I was imagining skin sticking competely to the mouse (hand and everything) and things like, "Yeah, I had to use a rusty knife to seperate the hand and the mouse. What do you guys use?"

I'm just weird.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
dubbz said:
Slightly OT: When I saw the title I was imagining skin sticking competely to the mouse (hand and everything) and things like, "Yeah, I had to use a rusty knife to seperate the hand and the mouse. What do you guys use?"

I'm just weird.
In my hot sweaty room, there have been times when that happened too. :eek:

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
YS2003 said:
I think washing hands will alleviate this symptom. I wash my hands before I use my computer. If my hands get sweaty, I will wash again.
Heh, I'm OCD about washing my hands before using any gadgetry too. My white Apple mouse still gets the gross stuff along the groove underbeneath. Ew. Easy to clean off, though. :D

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
YS2003 said:
I think washing hands will alleviate this symptom. I wash my hands before I use my computer. If my hands get sweaty, I will wash again.
I wash my hands very often. I do have dry skin though.

iHacker

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2005
Yucko!! I think it is time for Apple to ttotally redesign the mouse and keyboard! It is about time...

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
yep, that happens to mine too. i just wipe it off and forget about it normally.... i use it to much lol... i should go out more :)

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
iHacker said:
Yucko!! I think it is time for Apple to ttotally redesign the mouse and keyboard! It is about time...
They did. They dropped the Pro line, and now its just the Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse or Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Apple Bluetooth Mouse. When my Apple KB died, I was sent an Apple Keyboard to replace it, and they are a vastly different design.