Skinomi TechSkin Full Body Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DaGrandMastah, Sep 19, 2012.

1. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

2. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

I have bought many skins from them before. It's pretty odd to see the price so low however.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

If you think that's a deal, you should've seen it when it was being sold by amazon at the same price but free 2-day shipping.

4. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

are they good? I hate that it's a spray solution. I'd rather a dry install.

5. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

6. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Around $4 after shipping. Might have to bite on this.

7. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

I bought 3 lol. So while waiting for warranty replacements, I have one to use.

8. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's stupid. If you order 3 they charge you for shipping 3 times.

9. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

I emailed them about it. They said that they charge for shipping by weight, not number of items but said they would reimburse me 50% of the shipping cost. I bought 2. I seriously doubt I'll use the front portion of the protector since I hate wet applications but I may use it on the back and use a dry one on the front and just go that way from now on.

10. GA Support, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012

GA Support macrumors member

Not that I am biased but .99 for ANY Screen protector is a complete waste of your money I can assure you you will end up needing to replace it within weeks or even days.

11. DaGrandMastah, Sep 19, 2012

DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually, to argue the other point, I find it hilarious when people pay $15+ for one screen protector when they can get them for so much cheaper. Let's be honest, these things can't cost more than a couple of pennies to make. They're a rip off but they're worth it to the consumer cause they keep your device from getting scratched.

The reviews for these skins have been very good for all of the devices. They have a very well done website too. To say it's no good because it's cheap is just erroneous.

12. msooffutt, Sep 19, 2012

msooffutt macrumors newbie

They work surprisingly well. I've only used the 4s version, but they work fine. I will caution anyone using a wet applied screen protector, to be very careful not to get water in the ear piece speaker, because it can damage it. I have one of these on order to use for the back and SGP dry apply for the front. They are very similar to Zagg in the way they look and feel, but much cheaper.

13. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I'm gonna do...dry front, wet back. I ordered 2 just in case.

Glad to hear the quality is good...definitely seems to be a reputable company and everything I read was positive.

14. bobright macrumors 601

Do you or anybody know if they come with skins for the side as well wonder if it's just front and back? It's listed as a full body skin so maybe, their 4s product page shows the side cutouts but the iPhone 5 doesn't. I'm hoping they might have just got lazy and didn't show them in the image.

I have a Skinomi on the back of my iPad 3rd gen and it's finally peeling a bit on one corner so need to replace it. Ive owned them all and it's no different from Zagg or bestskins they pretty much last about the same 6-8 months usually a bit longer if you don't toss your iPad around a lot. I do have a PS on the front of my iPad though and plan to do the same with my new iPhone.

LOL At this vendor is he the new ******* with multiple aliases? :p

15. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wasn't able to tell on the website but I believe so

http://www.skinomi.com/appleiphone51.html

And to follow up, I was reading that the Ghost Armor kiosks charge you to install them and it seems that can float around 20-35 bucks in addition to the skin which might be the biggest rip off ever.

16. tgaudmx5 macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing, so I searched the Amazon reviews for 'sides'.

Yes, apparently this does come with side protectors as well as front + back.

tgaudmx5