Skins longevity?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eclipse01, Apr 10, 2017.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I usually end up having to replace them about every 4-5 months. I'm guessing they are all the same (I usually go through BSE) are there any better choices out there?

btw this is mostly for back of the phone skins, but I have noticed screen ones in the past peel just as fast.

2. Relentless Power, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would look into Dbrand and Slickwraps. Both decent brands. I believe Slickwraps makes a skin strictly for the back side of the iPhone as well. (I could be mistaken. )

@SunnySingh, any preference/knowledge on either of these two brands with your iPhones?

3. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

DBrand has excellent customer service but only issue is their selection is too limited. Last time I ordered from them it took a bit longer and I thought package got lost, they replied apologizing and sent me another package straight away no questions asked. I ended up receiving both the packages. If that's not quality service I don't know what is. From experience Ivr realized that aslong as you get the skin aligned seamlessly at the edges it can last a very long time. Btw most of these companies get their Skins from the same 3M supplier so I don't expect any difference in longevity. It all depends on how you applied it and your usage patterns.

4. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Dbrands looks like it isn't applied with liquid, I would rather have that option.

as for Slickwraps, wow, expensive $20 for just the back when everyone else charges in the $10 range.

I guess I wouldn't mind the fee if it lasted a long time..Can anyone comment on the longevity of these brands?