Skins?? not the same old questions though

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Mar 11, 2009.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Or maybe, i dont know... Ok... So i THOUGHT i was going to go to BODYGUARDZ and get a cool white skin.. but they only had clear!! Same with invisisheild... and i retarted and not seeing them on their website??? OR do they not sell them in colors??

If not, where are people getting the cool colored skins?

Also, i LOVE this stuff here:
    http://www.gelaskins.com/catalog.php?Device=5&Category=10&p=1

And ideas about them.. good company? quality stuff?? I think i might be one for each iphone and one for my macbook.. my ONLY concern is that they are the adhesive type and not the liquid ones, which means it can be HELL putting it on.. with the liquid you can move it

So is there a company that does the printed on skins that can be applied with the liquid?

2. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

H,, I'm still torn. I got my Switch Easy Pure Reflect for my screen, but i want a body skin.. just not sure how to go here

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I'm quite sure that someone in the forums posted a site wherein they could make a customized skin out of a digital image that you send to them, but I can't search them properly because I'm on my iPhone.

5. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I know that it CAN be done.. i am HPOEFULLY looking on some feedback of the QUALITY of these skins since they are adhesive based and not like the liquid ones.

6. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I got the SGP Shield and I love it. Just knowing that my phone is protected including the bezel makes me feel a lot better carrying my phone naked.

I havent tried the other 2 brands so I cant compare them but SGP Shield was super easy to put on.

Just thought I would share my experience.

7. MyTEGO macrumors newbie

MyTego Skins

Hey,

I work for MyTego and we have a MyTego guarantee so you can try out our skins risk free. If you are not completely satisfied, we will send you a new skin or refund your order.
    You can also upload your own pictures from your personal photo album or simly make a basic white skin.

Check out our website to read the full details of our guarantee: http://www.mytego.com/Guarantee.aspx?partner=MyTego&lang=en.
    Hope this answers everyone's questions regarding our website!

8. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

thanks for the replay myTego.. the one BIG concern that I have is that your covers dont wrap around the corners!!!! I noticed that the other night when I was just playing around designing and uploading my own pictures..

THAT is a big, well HUGE downside for me. I know a skin isnt going to definitely protect my phone from a fall, but the corners getthe worse of it.. i would like SOMETHING to wrap all the way around.

9. MyTEGO macrumors newbie

I understand your concern and you're right, the skins do not fully cover the corners.
    However, there is not much that can be done to avoid this other than buying a hard case for your device since the sticker would start to bubble and peel on all the corners ifi the sticker did cover all the corners fully.
    What I've done with my iPod is I designed a Tego skin for it and then put a clear cover over top that protects the corners. This way I can still have the custom designed skin and it's fully protected. You could possibly try that?