Skins options for brand new iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Braveman, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Braveman macrumors newbie

Iv got a brand new iPhone 4 and not really liking the cases currently on the market. Iv seen some carbonfibre and other skin based options but not to sure how reliable or durable they are. Has anyone else got one, tried? Any good companies you can recommend?

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I have an Incase Slider on my Verizon iPhone and seems to work/look fine.

3. icyfire macrumors 6502

I also have the incase slider. Love it so far, it looks and feels great.

4. Braveman thread starter macrumors newbie

5. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

Yes! gelaskins are very awesome! but they have yet to release a version for the vzw iphone hints the new sides. "side" but front and back fit perfect!

6. ElleBelle, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

ElleBelle macrumors newbie

You can get it here.

Or here.

In my experience, when clicking on the background image from the first link it just continuously loads. Second works fine.

7. Braveman thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow thanks Elle. I didn't know he had his own website with wallpapers and all. Crazy. He's also got his iPhone App. Is he British or American, and what's with that mask. Just going to order a gelaskin now.

8. ElleBelle macrumors newbie

No problemo, Braveman!

I've seen a few of his videos before so I knew about his site :p
    I believe he's from the UK, but as far as the mask goes... ya got me! lol! The only logical reason I can think of is to hide his face, as we all know how some people on the internet can be SO rude about other's appearances. Why an old school hockey hockey mask though is beyond me.

I am debating on a gelaskin atm, just don't know which one to snag yet! :D

9. Braveman thread starter macrumors newbie

I just ordered my gelaskin one for me and one for a friend both using wallpapers from his site

Btw iv been following the guy on twitter. He's a really nice and helpful guy. Funny tweets and I asked about the mask. He said it's 'his online identity... Superhero style lol' funny that. Luke scary than superhero

Omg I also entered his iPad give-away did u c that? Must b making prOfit from YouTube to be able to give one away Like that.

On the gelaskins why u waiting just make the plunge 

10. Element0f0ne macrumors newbie

I know it sounds like it's defeating the purpose, but has there ever been a gelaskin made of the normal back of the iPhone 4?

I want to keep the black + Apple logo, but I simply want the grip the gelaskin provides. I don't want to use the sides.

Or is there any skin like the gelaskin that is simply clear?

My primary goal is to have something hat provides better grip on the back without using a case of any sorts. (I've seen the skateboard grip, but that's a but much, heh.)

I appreciate any input in advance. :)

11. ElleBelle macrumors newbie

Nice, which one did you end up using? I'm waiting because I have the iPhone on Verizon and up until today I didn't notice(or maybe it wasn't there?) the message that they updated the sides to fit it. Guess I'll order once I decide on what graphics!

lol @ 'superhero style', I'll have to start following him on twitter, I'm always down for some good tweets! Saw the iPad giveaway- love when gurus on YT are as appreciative and generous as he is!

I can't be sure that gelaskin provides a graphic that matches the back, but I'm sure you could find an image somewhere that is black with the logo, etc. and use the custom option to put it on there.

I know user's opinions vary on the ZAGG invisible shield or like options, but FWIW I've used invisible shields for most of my past devices and haven't encountered issues with installation or the look of them. They do provide extra "grip" to the device, but as I haven't personally used a gelaskin I can't comment on the likeness of the two. All depends on how comfortable you are with the wet install and what you're looking for.

12. Braveman thread starter macrumors newbie

Really excited. hope i win the ipad lol

13. Roadking macrumors 6502

Wouldn't a clear all body protector do the same thing?