Skins (TV)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by roadbloc, Mar 19, 2010.

1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I loved the first series, didn't think too much of the second or third. But the fourth one promised so much and delivered so little.

I thought the fourth series was dire. Shouting your name does not constitute as an ending, and the whole series was farfetched and plotless.

What to you guys think? Did you like it? Can you tell me what the plot actually was on Series 4?

2. ethical macrumors 68000

Likewise. I watched and really enjoyed the first series (and most of the second)...but the third threw me off and I haven't watched any of the fourth.

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Season finale last night, I wasn't motivated enough to watch it though even though I loved some of the previous seasons..

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

i've not watched the finale just yet but after season 2 it did seem a bit crappy, they should'nt have changed the cast, would of been nice to find out more about them.

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

It was the finale last night? Last few weeks I've been watching it on 4OD 'cause I keep forgetting it's on.

First series - urgh, awful, stupid, arrogant annoying characters (well, mainly Tony). I was 17/18 so I was the target market as well but I was constantly annoyed by people at school going "omg my life is JUST LIKE SKINS"

I watched it all anyway. I'm weak.

Series 2 - so much better, at least the first half, mainly 'cause it was very funny. Series 2's easily my favourite

Series 3 - Hated it again. I enjoy series 1 now when I watch it back. At least the original characters actually seemed to be friends who more or less cared about one another and liked hanging out together. The new lot just seemed incredibly stupid and/or selfish.

Series 4 - Even worse. The fact that each episode concentrates so much on one character makes me feel that this group of "friends" is even more fragmented than in series 3. And this series has been so, so incredibly depressing.

6. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

This series has been so dark and depressing; it seems like all of the characters have issues that would throw any normal person over the edge. Skins has lost its humour.

7. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Going against the main theme of this thread I thought the finale was good. It tied everything together (in a sort of way) but it does leave you wanting more, which is good for a tv series.

8. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I saw some snippets from a few eps a while back. The show seems interesting, but I didn't want to start watching so far into it. I figure I'll rent the DVDs eventually, even if only because Effy is so fun to look at!

9. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Fixed that for you... ;)

I never watched the first two series, started watching with the third. I thought the third season wasn't bad, i kinda enjoyed it, but after a couple of episodes of season four I got bored quickly.

10. ethical macrumors 68000

If by fun you mean smoking hot, then yeah, i agree!

nice ;)

11. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I preferred series 4 to series 3. The ending to series 3 was even worse, oh yeah lets have a bit of a race to see who gets the girl then sail off on a boat. First episode of series 3 was hugely promising and extremely funny (minus the lame fart jokes), the rest of the series was a let down.

I enjoyed series 4, the ending annoyed me however. The ending to series 2 cleared up everything, and finished on one of my favourite songs (Time To Pretend- MGMT).

12. AnimaLeo macrumors 6502

I loved season 2, mainly because thats the season I started on. Then I watched season 1, it was good, it felt a lot more gritty and more realistic than the second season. I watched the third and thought it was ok. Better than most T.V. programs, but not great. So I decided not to watch the fourth season.

13. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

Hate to say it but I don't really find Effy that attractive. I rate Emily a lot higher over Effy. And Naomi, she has her moments. I'm certainly not keen on Effy.

14. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

I thought the ending was average, but watching it back makes it seem better. And Effy certainly is quite something to look at, apparently she's going to be at this club event I'm going to in May. Hopefully can meet her :)

Also, on a side note, I presume most people in this thread are ~20 and from the UK, seems strange because most people here are normally American.

15. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

They couldn't have wrapped it up any worse if they tried.

I hate this whole character to epsidoe thing too. Just have normal episodes with everyone in, like every other tv show.

16. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

I kind of like the way they have character centric episodes, but I reckon it should be much less extreme, like LOST, because in the recent series of skins there's been episodes where we've seen only about 30 seconds of Effy, or worse, not at all. LOST has character centric episodes, but it's done much better.

17. sauced macrumors regular

Loved the first and second series, but Cook was about the only thing I liked about the third and fourth series. How they ended the fourth series was just horrible and pointless.