Skip when shuffling?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by iFanaddic, Mar 7, 2017.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I wish I could avoid some song titles in my library(xmas, halloween, kids music) by sticking them in a playlist and ask Apple music to skip these when shuffling, but that doesn't seem to be a possibility anymore unless i'm wrong..Also maybe theres another way to solve this annoyance, what do you guys do?

I appreciate the help!

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Not ideal but once you start playing the Playlist you can move any tracks down (to the bottom) you don't want to hear and move and tracks up you want to hear.

3. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

Not sure if this is possible:

Can you create a playlist of all the songs you'd like to skip (playlist A), then a smart playlist of all songs not on that skip playlist (playlist B)?

Then shuffle playlist B?

4. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

--- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017 ---
    Thanks for the feedbaxk, both of these solutions sound like a lot of work, and would require constant modifications as I ad new songs to my library. I already made playlists:

Christmas songs
    Halloween songs
    Kids music
    Classical
    Instrumental

I want to select those playlists and make them not show up when I shuffle music. I'm pretty sure this was possible prior to Apple Music.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

What you want is very simple and basically what geoffm33 suggested. Just make a Smart Playlist using the following syntax by adding the Playlists of tracks you don't want to have played.

[​IMG]

6. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Oh okay I get it now, thanks to you both! But then again, wasn't there an easier way of doing this prior to Apple Music?

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Not that I remember but I have always used Playlists. This is just as easy since it will take 2 minutes (about as long as to post on this thread) to make the Smart Playlist and once made as long as you put the 'other' tracks in their proper Playlist's the Smart Playlist will be dynamically updated and always exclude them. So it is make and forget.

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, that was the "Skip when shuffling" checkbox in Options under Get Info in iTunes. That just got reinstated in this last iOS 10 update after not working for ages.