Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
I wish I could avoid some song titles in my library(xmas, halloween, kids music) by sticking them in a playlist and ask Apple music to skip these when shuffling, but that doesn't seem to be a possibility anymore unless i'm wrong..Also maybe theres another way to solve this annoyance, what do you guys do?

I appreciate the help!

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Not ideal but once you start playing the Playlist you can move any tracks down (to the bottom) you don't want to hear and move and tracks up you want to hear.

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
Not sure if this is possible:

Can you create a playlist of all the songs you'd like to skip (playlist A), then a smart playlist of all songs not on that skip playlist (playlist B)?

Then shuffle playlist B?

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
[doublepost=1488902283][/doublepost]
Not ideal but once you start playing the Playlist you can move any tracks down (to the bottom) you don't want to hear and move and tracks up you want to hear.

Not sure if this is possible:

Can you create a playlist of all the songs you'd like to skip (playlist A), then a smart playlist of all songs not on that skip playlist (playlist B)?

Then shuffle playlist B?

Thanks for the feedbaxk, both of these solutions sound like a lot of work, and would require constant modifications as I ad new songs to my library. I already made playlists:

Christmas songs
Halloween songs
Kids music
Classical
Instrumental

I want to select those playlists and make them not show up when I shuffle music. I'm pretty sure this was possible prior to Apple Music.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Thanks for the feedbaxk, both of these solutions sound like a lot of work, and would require constant modifications as I ad new songs to my library. I already made playlists:

Christmas songs
Halloween songs
Kids music
Classical
Instrumental

I want to select those playlists and make them not show up when I shuffle music. I'm pretty sure this was possible prior to Apple Music.
What you want is very simple and basically what geoffm33 suggested. Just make a Smart Playlist using the following syntax by adding the Playlists of tracks you don't want to have played.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%2011.03.45%20AM_zps84kw7bfq.png

iFanaddic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Montréal, Canada
What you want is very simple and basically what geoffm33 suggested. Just make a Smart Playlist using the following syntax by adding the Playlists of tracks you don't want to have played.

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-07%20at%2011.03.45%20AM_zps84kw7bfq.png

Oh okay I get it now, thanks to you both! But then again, wasn't there an easier way of doing this prior to Apple Music?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Oh okay I get it now, thanks to you both! But then again, wasn't there an easier way of doing this prior to Apple Music?
Not that I remember but I have always used Playlists. This is just as easy since it will take 2 minutes (about as long as to post on this thread) to make the Smart Playlist and once made as long as you put the 'other' tracks in their proper Playlist's the Smart Playlist will be dynamically updated and always exclude them. So it is make and forget.

Reactions: iFanaddic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.