Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Thoughts? Advisable? Possible even?

On iPhone 4, never upgraded after initial reports of camera roll/photo data loss, and never felt compelled enough to upgrade since.

Still on fence about getting new iPhone 5, but regardless will need to think about my 4 and whether to leave the iOS as it is or upgrade it for another user (may be family member).

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Thoughts? Advisable? Possible even?

On iPhone 4, never upgraded after initial reports of camera roll/photo data loss, and never felt compelled enough to upgrade since.

Still on fence about getting new iPhone 5, but regardless will need to think about my 4 and whether to leave the iOS as it is or upgrade it for another user (may be family member).

Do it.
Highly advisable.
Lots of new features.
Never lost data on mine or anyone I know.

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Ok thanks I get the advice to upgrade regardless.

Question being then is whether I can or should skip iOS 5? Mac OS upgrades are different I know but given I already have iOS 5.1 downloaded (not installed) was hoping for some thoughts about if there's any benefits or risk averse elements to doing an incremental upgrade or just jumping straight upto iOS 6?

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Ok thanks I get the advice to upgrade regardless.

Question being then is whether I can or should skip iOS 5? Mac OS upgrades are different I know but given I already have iOS 5.1 downloaded (not installed) was hoping for some thoughts about if there's any benefits or risk averse elements to doing an incremental upgrade or just jumping straight upto iOS 6?
should be fine as long as you wait till iOS 6 is live via iTunes upgrade will be fine ALWAYS backup before upgrading ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.