Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siddalee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
I swear, I am getting smarter every day with my new MacBook. But I have two questions (right now).

Is there a way to skip a screen's length down a page? I hate scrolling and I dont want to go to the bottom. I want to flip through the content, one screen at a time. In Windows, it's Page Down. In Mac Page Down seems to be either down a line or an entire page.

www. Africam.com -- the watering hole with wild creatures? It was my start page on my HP. I can't get it on my Mac. there are "If you have a MAC, go HERE" notes at the site, but they do nothing. Streaming video is what it is. What do I need to add to a basic MacBook? I get a white screen with "Preparing Media."

Thanks for any clues. I'll be back.

:rolleyes:

bitabytex

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Hm, I just used page down to scroll exactly my screen length. Other than that, I have no idea.

For that live stream, it also doesn't work for me either. It is encoded in Window's Media Format, and Flip4Mac doesn't want to play it. Hopefully someone else can get it to work, as I would like to check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.