Skipping/slow typing problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by infinitemethod, Oct 12, 2007.

1. infinitemethod macrumors member

I'm just curious if anyone elses ipod touch skips every once in a while? My nano never did that and I find it awkward and annoying that this does. Also, when I'm browsing, sometimes when I try to type something, it'll be so slow. Otherwise browsing is amazing but if that continues I may have to give up on the touch.

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Wow! I knew these new touches were supercool but they can skip too?!?! :D

Seriously, I've not noticed this. How are you browsing? Is it over EDGE or WIFI? EDGE is slower so this might explain things - but if your iPod is skipping while playing music too, you might have some faulty flash memory in your unit.

First off, I'd carry out a restore and re-sync everything back on again. If restoring doesn't help, bring it back to Apple.

Rod.

3. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Skipping... that should NEVER be. Did the same files skip on your other iPod or on your computer?

Slow typing....i've noticed that if a page hasn't finished loading and you go to type something, it will lag.

4. infinitemethod thread starter macrumors member

The files that skipped were fine on computer. And the slow typing was occuring while I was entering a website url while it had already loaded up the previous page.

And to the guy asking if I was using wifi or edge, the touch doesn't have edge nor cell service that would give you edge.

5. xerikx macrumors regular

EDGE on a touch? ATT has got their strategy figured out

Try closing applications that are open, when I close one then it works fine - just too many things open. To close an application all the way, open the window back up and hold down the home key for 4-5 seconds