Skobbler -NAV

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by pitt1717, Jul 16, 2010.

1. pitt1717 macrumors 6502

so i downloaded Skobbler a bit back but never used it. I've been seeing the threads on Tom Tom and Navigon and today the family packed up and went on a trip. I thought its a good time to try this app out.
    so we plugged in the address into both the iphone and our town and country nav (which i should add is spot on)
    as we are driving the voice announcements come up (for Both nav sysems) and give us the same directions. im thinking wow, this is pretty good, but we will see, its still early in the trip. to my surprise the accuracy lasted the entire trip. i even commented to the wife that skobbler even had an anouncement a bit sooner than the cars nav. needless to say i was pretty impressed.

bottom line, while it may not have all the bells and whistles of the others, it did the job, and did it well. best of all it was free.

P.S no, i am not affiliated in anyway to this app. just thought i would share my experience with the app

2. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

I use Skobbler too and enjoy it. Simple and gets the job done. You should also try out waze and mapquest mobile.