SKPaymentTransaction Failed on startup

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Ides, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Ides macrumors member

I'm coding an in app store and I am testing it on my device. All of a sudden I started getting error messages when I try to load the store. It appears that two SKPaymentTransactions are failing, even though the user hasn't tried to buy anything. When the store loads the paymentQueue:updateTransactions: method is being called even though my purchaseProducts: method is never called and no products have been ordered. And the array of transactions in the paymentQueue:updateTransactions: always contains two transaction, both of which are in the fail state, with error messages "Failed to connect to iTunes store". It's always these same two, somehow they are not going away in between runs of my app.

2. Ides thread starter macrumors member

I believe I know what is causing the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Last night I twice tried to test the in app purchases with my actual apple id, and they failed of course. And now I get 2 error messages each time I load the store. I just tried to test the purchases with the wrong id again, and now I get 3 each time I load the store. It seems that a failed purchase test using a real id stays around forever on my device.