SkullCandy, Good idea for my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iRyann, Dec 22, 2008.

1. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

Hey guys,

So i was going to get these headphones Link to HMV.
    Has anyone used SkullCandy before as i've heard some great reviews but just need that little bit more pushing. As far as visual's go they are pretty sexy to look at. So yeah anyone used these or similar?
    Thanks

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I have a pair for my iPhone. They sound pretty good for the price. They are well built, strong wiring, solid all around. They are also very comfortable (at least for me).

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair unless I was going to spend some big cash for a better pair.

3. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I have them. You can't go wrong for the price.

4. malquin macrumors newbie

After going through many expensive earbuds (the daily grind at the gym breaks them down), I've settle on Skullcandy earbuds. They're far from the greatest but the sound is honest, they fit in the ear nicely, they block enough outside sound in the subway and... they're cheap. When they break down (and they all do), you only loose 15-25$, not 100$.

I'm on my third pair now and it only cost me ~45$. When compared to the price of a singel Sony MDR-EX81 (70-100$) which I loved, I feel good.

Go for it.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Which ones, out of curiosity? Is there a place to get FMJ's at this price, or is it one of the other lines?

6. malquin macrumors newbie

At this price, it is the ink'd buds model. Normal price in Canada: around 25$ but can be found on sale at 12-15$.

I took a look at the link iRyann privided and I think it's the ink'd buds model.

They can be seen more closely at this place: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Prod...og=Online&category=Skullcandy&product=3314007

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, that's what I figured... so you find the Ink'd to be fairly durable? I was thinking the FMJ's specifically for the durability issue...

8. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I bought a pair Here although they were about $10 cheaper when I bought them.

They don't look for student verification on the headphones.

** Sorry, didn't see they weren't in stock here. If you check on Shopwiki they have a few sites that pop up cheaper every once in a while.

9. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I can only wear the in-ear wrap around style because my left inner ear in shaped different from the right. I did try the Skull Candy ones and they did sound pretty good for the money, too bad they fell out pretty often while working out. I have philips SHS8000 headphones and they are the best $30 headphones I have ever bought, they sound great for their small size, lots of bass and very clear, crisp music.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thank you, will do! :)

11. slothrob macrumors 6502

I have the cheap ink'd ones.

The sound is reasonable, compared to earbuds, but not remarkable (but they are cheap!), but if they don't seat firmly in your ear there is a dramatic drop off in bass. That's typical of in-ear headphones, but I can only get a good fit for brief periods, then I have to readjust them. If I move around at all, they fall out every few minutes. For my ears, this is a problem with most smooth silicone tip.

I find the barbed earpieces, like on Etymotics make a much better and more stable seal. The foam ones also work well, but are less comfortable. You can get used to them, though. You can buy replacement foam tips from Comply for the Ink's phones. They'll cost as much as the headphones themselves. I haven't had a chance to try them, but I'm going to order them and see if they help.

12. redsox72093 macrumors newbie

Definitely a good idea, especially if your looking for some headphones with bass. They're great headphones i have 2 pair.

13. Paintball36 macrumors newbie

Well...

Well, i bought these for my mom for Christmas and she bought me a pair, I tried hers out and i personally didn't like them, so i am thinking of just returning mine, and putting the money toward an AC charger because the Ipod Touch battery life SUCKS...

I found them to be quiet, and certain features of the songs sounded muffled, and since they are complete in ear, you need to JAM them into your ears, and when something is jammed into your ears, you can hear all of what you do.

Like, cover your ears with your hands COMPLETELY, and swallow, cough, even breath, and you can hear it all LOUDLY.

So combine muffled quiet noise, with the "ear cover" effect which allows you to hear all of your normal body functions makes for quite some poor quality...

If you can manage not to breath, swallow or cough you'll be fine :p

Also, as some people have said, while running they tend to fall out...