Sky Broadband, google, ask, yahoo, search all down, anyone else experiencing problems

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cyberjunky, Mar 16, 2008.

1. cyberjunky macrumors regular

Hey guys

Having problems here with Sky Broadband, i cant seem to access Google, Yahoo, Ask and yet other sites like ebay work fine, all my friends who live within the area but i believe are using other ISP's are fine.

Im in the south east of the UK if that helps, had a couple of friends try to help, noone seems to know what to do.

Tried rebooting router, even leaving it unplugged for 6 minutes. DNS attack on Sky?? Possible over dramatisation here but i really need google back. Search.msn.com just does not cut it.

btw, for google ive tried .co.uk and .com neither work... :mad:

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

There's likely a link down somewhere in the world. I'm sure it will be fixed soon

3. cyberjunky thread starter macrumors regular

Well im not so sure, all my friends who live in the same county all can access it fine, i seem to be the only person but they are using different ISP's.

Many other websites work fine, but majority of high profile websites seem to not be working, its mostly the search engine websites, with the exception of search.msn.com

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

... Which, as yg17 said, means a link somewhere (Possibly DNS within Sky Broadband) will be broken. I also am sure it'll be fixed soon enough.

5. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

This happened to me too! I am in London and I couldn't search on Digg, Ma.gnolia, and some other sites for awhile but del.icio.us worked fine as well as some others.

Weird....

6. cyberjunky thread starter macrumors regular

figured it, PeerGuardian is the culprit here, its been playing up lately, i used it to protect me while using p2p and torrents, worked fine for a month or 2, then suddenly out of the blue MSN stopped working on Adium, for 2 months i didnt have a clue, finally i sorted it out and figured PeerGuardian was responsible, i thought i disabled it but somehow it got turned back on again, then i miraculously decided to "Protect" me from useful websites

o_O

Ah well, if anyone has PeerGuardian installed i highly recommend uninstalling it.