Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy - iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bchagey, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Bchagey macrumors 6502

It seems like every device launch they invite gaming companies/creators to push new games that shows off the graphics/power of the featured iOS device. For the the new iPad one of the games they showed off was the Sky Gamblers flight simulator/combat game. This game is flawless on my iPad 3 16gb wifi. The graphics are absolutely amazing and the game play is very very smooth.

If you were debating on buying this game or not, I highly recommend it! The different online multiplayer modes are action packed and fun

2. MacMane macrumors regular

I also have this game and it is pretty fun. I feel a little mislead by apple I must add, the graphics are decent/good for a tablet, but not even close to console quality. When the game was shown off at the new iPad announcement, I felt like they tried to make the iPads graphics comparable to a gaming console such as the ps3, Xbox 360. I've only played with the vita a few times and I am not sure if the iPads graphics are even comparable to that, even tho they are packing the same quad core gpu. Anyways the game does look nice on the retina display. I would also suggest getting modern combat 3, it has some pretty decent graphics for a tablet game. I also own a 16gb wifi new iPad, a 16gb wifi iPad 2, and a the original iPad.

3. joegleur macrumors regular

agreed. i was really blown away because the video was rather blurry and i thought it was like ace combat where the entire city's buildings were modelled. not just 4 buildings and flat textures for the rest.

rather nice graphics though. just not "console"-y.

4. MacMane macrumors regular

Alright I just finished playing a good chunk of Modern Combat 3 and was really impressed by the graphics performance. Parts of the game look really impressive on the new iPad. It has me excited to see a game made exclusively for the new iPad :)