Sky+ Record app problem with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by spooky69, Jul 2, 2010.

1. spooky69 macrumors member

The Sky+ Remote app was working fine, then yesterday it stopped loading all the channels in the guide. For example, I load the app, click on 'entertainment' and get the programmes for BBC 1, BBC 2 and ITV 1, but nothing else. If I select BBC 1, for example, I might get some of the guide for the current day but nothing when I select the next day. In other words, it is failing to load much of the guide.

Anyone have any ideas or the same problem? This is happening whether I am connected on the cellular network or on wifi.

2. rowood macrumors newbie

I have EXACTLY the same problem. It was working fine at the beginning of the week but stopped working yesterday morning (1st July) early. This is very strange. I have given up on the Sky+ Remote Record app and instead am using the TVGuide app (a heart symbol) which is also free and works just as well, giving you a week's worth of listings on every channel you could possibly want. You set up your region and enter your sky login credentials and you are sorted. It works perfectly and I was using it before I knew about the Sky+ app.

It's just a bit annoying as I have no idea who to complain to about it. Use the TVGuide app like me. Maybe someone will throw light on this but at least we have an alternative.

P.S. I forgot to mention before anyone suggests it, I did try deleting the app, shutting my phone down completely, rebooting and reinstalling the app. It made no difference.

3. rowood macrumors newbie

It's fixed!

We weren't the only ones with this problem. Anyway, Sky rebooted their servers and things seem ok now. Reboot your phone and give it another go Spooky69. Be patient as it's slow populating the lists but it's ok for me.

4. spooky69 thread starter macrumors member

Looks like it was just a problem on their end.