Sky Reviewer has trouble using Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dombookpro, Nov 7, 2007.

1. dombookpro macrumors member

Attached Files:

2. jonnyb macrumors 65816

News just in: Sky reviewer has trouble remembering to blink and breathe!

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Is this guy supposed to be their technology expert? If so, he should be shown the door!

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

How do I do that??

I've never seen the restaurants appear on the maps app.. or am i doing something wrong?

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

only a handful in the uk?
    what kind of expert is he?

if he was tech savvy and kept up with goings on, he'd realise there are thousands in the uk already :D

6. snapper07 macrumors 6502

snapper07

what a muppet!!:eek:
    but hey he works for sky news what did you expect!!

7. isleofjib macrumors regular

haha. that is hilarious! you'd think he'd realize his mistake at some point before publishing that photo! :)

8. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Go to the search bar (click the botton bottom left if it's not showing), type 'starbucks' or 'mcdonalds'. Even some of the british ones like 'beefeater' work, but not names of individual restaurants (you're likely to end up at some odd place in the US if you try). OTOH some generic ones work. 'Pizza' works, and lists all the Domino's pizza (not Pizza hut or anyone else, so I guess Dominos paid good money for that). Even 'Kebab' works - a boon on a saturday night!

After doing that if you hit 'list' instead of the copyright screen you get a list of the restaraunts.

What you can't do is plot a route from your house to the nearest kebab shop - when you select routing all the markers disappear :(

9. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Sky News are the people that said - on the launch of their *own* SkyHD product - that HD was pointless unless you had a £2000 projector, that upscaling DVD was the same quality, and that unless you had Monster HDMI cables it'd look crap.

With marketing like that I'd hate to see what they said about a product they *didn't* like!

Basicallly they have about as much tech knowledge as a Dixons salesman, except they're paid about 1000 times as much.

10. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

This is why most of the press should be ignored when talking about technology matters.

11. rayward macrumors 68000

Just type in "Italian restaurant" or whichever type of food you want into the search bar. It'll give you all the ones nearby to the current location on your map.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The newspapers are generally OK, the Guardian for example usually gets it right. The BBC is usually OK too.

13. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

what an idiot

14. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

Ahh cool! I didnt even know that..
    comes in quite handy :D

15. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

The bold part is what you cannot do(without hacking)

Just hit the little red marker on your restaurant and then the little blue > sign and there's buttons to do "Directions To Here" and "Directions From Here" that will spit the address into the Start or End locations of the Route, then you can enter your address or choose from bookmarks or Contacts for the other Start or End location. It's just like Google maps online, but the article quote implies a sort of GPS where it can "tell you where you are", which it can't.

oh...and Dominos shows up on my map when searching for Pizza...just like google maps.

16. ibanana macrumors 6502

17. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

18. crunkcrumpet macrumors member

Go onto maps, then type in something like: chinese restaurants manchester, or you can type in the name of a chain and the location, like this: mcdonalds manchester.

19. bumfilter macrumors regular

Aww Ian Woods, my girlfriend knows him, sort of. Must get her to tell him he's an idiot. :p

20. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If he watched Arsenals champions league match this evening he would of seen around 8 of the arsenal players getting off the coach had the white earphones with the tell tale iPhone 'buttton' on the wire.

:D

21. snapper07 macrumors 6502

snapper07

Thats great by the look of the photo they must have phoned him up at home and got the misses to do a quick snap of him on the phone!!
    i wonder if they have to shout down the phone at him cos he's got it the wrong way up??!:D;):p

22. bumfilter macrumors regular

He was in Belfast last week I think. Wish I'd known so I could have mugged him.

23. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I don't know about the uk but here in las vegas all you have to do is put something in like"italian restaurant" and the zipcode and all the italian restaurants come up in that area.:cool: Cool.

24. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Excellent feature, particularly when you are away from home.