Skyfire and hulu and espn3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by supermac96, Nov 4, 2010.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

I was thinking if i got skyfire and one of those cydia apps that tricks websites to think that you are accesing from a computer could you use hulu and espn3? that would be awesome!

2. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

Since it plays flash videos it might. I wasn't able to get a copy while it was in the app store. I am not 100% but hulu might be tricky if it doesn't parse it correctly.

3. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

I don't know about ESPN, but Hulu is a no. They are actively blocking Skyfire to protect the Hulu+ subscriptions. I managed to get Skyfire before it sold out and it works great on Southpark studios website.

4. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

wait it sold out? never heard of that happening with an app store app. how do you sell out an app?

5. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

They sold more copies than their data center could handle. Since they have to transcode the video they were over saturated. I think they are adjusting to serve everybody. They are now going to be releasing the app in batches as their hardware / data servers can handle the load.

6. benhollberg, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010

benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

There app is available right now. If someone tries ESPN3 and it works then I will buy it immediately. Please someone try this.

7. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

According to the community on the Skyfire website ESPN 3 will not work. I believe because ESPN 3 is usually streaming live events. The others on the community of Skyfire say that also because you have to be using certain ISPs to use ESPN 3.