Skyfire gets pulled from Applestore

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by petvas, Nov 3, 2010.

1. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

It seems that Apple has removed Skyfire from its AppStore. I don't know if it is a global thing, but here in Germany it isn't available anymore. One hour ago I could download it..
    I have to say that I sent a report to Apple saying that the app doesn't work as advertised.

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

3. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

It was removed from the German and Italian AppStores.

4. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

5. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

I have a feeling it will be pulled from the app store worldwide very soon. If it is it want be too big of a loss because the app is a big disappointment to me. Save your $2.99!

6. SpaceEdge macrumors member

I was able to download it (US App Store)

It's still there

Attached Files:

7. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I'm in the USA and I think it was pulled. It isn't in the top 25 anymore. It will come up when you search but when you tap it, it says your request could not be completed.

8. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

Overload of downloads crashed the skyfire servers. Skyfire pulled it to get the servers under control. When I downloaded it earlier it worked fine. The video on abc.com and vh1.com and bet.com worked fine. But as the day went on it started looking sluggish. To many download. Skyfire says they are one of the top grossing apps in the app store. People have to give them a chance to update their servers. At least they are not like cloud browser who charging for the app and charging every month. I would have rather gave them ten dollars for the app and been done with it.

9. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

tried searching for it just now and seems to have been pulled

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Guys, it'll be back.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/11/03/skyfire-web-browser-now-available-in-app-store/

11. Lordskelic macrumors regular

Lordskelic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

It's not in the US store for me anymore. What was funny is it was #2 in paid apps until they pulled it.

12. Lordskelic macrumors regular

Lordskelic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Oh never mind.