Skylake Macs will be out this fall(don't believe the doubters!!)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by patohi, May 21, 2015.

1. patohi macrumors regular

Skylake will be out this fall!!!!!

Mark the calendars for September!!!!

Look this isn't just about Apple.....

A lil thing called Windows 10 is coming out.
    We want to think OSX is important to Intel, but Windows machines are still where most of their chips end up.

This holiday season will see both companies pushing real hard!

I can't see Apple just standing still.

People saying don't wait cause you won't see anything till next year are absolutely wrong.

Yall save that money n get yourself a Skylake Mac this fall!

2. jponce97 macrumors member

Just because Microsoft which makes Windows, the most popular PC OS is releasing windows 10 doesn't mean Intel is going to release skylake lol.

----------

That makes no sense.
    I'm not caught up with it but I'm sure Intel is delayed because of Yield problems and those sort of things, what makes you think/claim that Windows 10 will magically fix it.

3. patohi thread starter macrumors regular

Broadwell had Yield problems and guess what? Broadwell has been disappointing performance wise compared to Haswell.

Intel has no reason to push ahead with Broadwell. Skylake is ready. OEMs are ready.

They said Skylake is going to release on schedule.

Broadwell will get a release for LGA 1150 users

Microsoft and Intel need windows 10 to be a huge success.

Skylake is coming this fall!

It's like you bought a new Mac 14 days ago or something :rolleyes:

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You sound quite confident, but Apple just made non-trivial updates to the 15" rmbp. I don't think that will see an update by fall, but it's likely that the H series cpus won't be available by then.

5. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

The amount of times I've seen threads like this (Mac Mini update, iMac update) makes me laugh. If there's one thing I've learnt, it's that Apple will disappoint you with upgrade cycles.

You can't see that? Maybe you should see the 13" MacBook Pro that was last updated in June 2012, and hasn't been discontinued.

Perhaps the low-cost, crappy-performing 1.4GHz iMac and Mac Mini that have worse performance than the equivalent model 3 generations ago.

Or the non-Retina iMacs that were last updated in 2013.

What about the £8000 Mac Pro that has a slower PCI-e SSD than the 15" MacBook Pro.

What about the iPod Touch that is still running ancient internals?

Apple is perfectly happy to stand still and sell old tech at modern prices. Your trust in them is naive. Your arrogance to profess they'll definitely update is unfounded.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The only macs that may possibly get skylake this fall is the iMac, the desktop processors should be available for that, and AMD has new video cards coming too...

We may just see a new rMB before christmas as the CoreM may well be out by then.

Anything else is just wishful thinking

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Would the Mac Pro get it's Skylake Xeon upgrade by then?

8. imanidiot Suspended

9. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Not because W10 is coming out means that there will be new Intel processors. Stop spreading baseless rumours. (inb4 wasteland)

10. jponce97 macrumors member

Broadwell was meant to be a "tick" update to Haswell
    Haswell brought battery life improvements and broad well brought minimal GPU and architecture updates.
    Skylake will be the "Tock" upgrade in the Tick Tock updates.
    And who's "they"?
    And windows 10 success doesn't depend on the processor in the laptops dude. It's all on Microsoft

11. patohi thread starter macrumors regular

The purpose of this thread is to inform buyers that Skylake Macs will be out this fall.

Intel has never said Skylake will be delayed into 2016. They have said they are on track with a 2015 release.

So if you are not satisfied with the current lineup, wait a couple of months and something new will be out.

Skylake will see performance gains we haven't seen in a while. Think Nehalem to Sandy Bridge, so about 10 or 15% cpu improvement.

I've seen posters in other forums saying skylake macs won't be released until 2016 or even late 2016. Maybe for the mini, but Apple has been waiting for this refresh.

So have other manufacturers:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/news/processors/37772-asustek-waxes-lyrical-on-skylake

12. jponce97 macrumors member

Well, to be honest I don't own laptops from Apple lol I'm pure iMac but if Skylake is coming this fall, the power to the Laptop owners.
    But you can't say Skylake is coming just BECAUSE of windows 10

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They could come out this fall and they could come out in 2016. We really don't know what Apple is up too. Just look at the Mac Pro, people were saying for extended periods that apple has to update the line, and apple didn't. They finally rolled out the nMP but my point is that apple goes by their own internal calendar, regardless of what Intel may or may not do. I know they're on the hook for Intel to release the chipsets on time (a la Broadwell) but generally we cannot fully guarantee that new macs will be rolled out in the fall.

14. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Yeah, but Apple doesn't usually adopt new processors immediately after Intel makes them available. So even if Skylake comes out in the fall, Apple may not offer them until a January refresh. MacBook Pros aren't big Christmas items anyway.

15. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Yes, often Apple's refresh brings us the latest and greatest of last year's technology.

16. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

Stock price. Money.

Stupid.

17. JoeMacDe macrumors newbie

To waste our time. Nothing else.

18. wheelhot macrumors 68020

If I recall, apple always updates their notebooks twice in a year, sometimes it's just minor updates but it's always one early and one late. And I just heard from a guy who's working at intel who says skylake will be release on schedule. He refuse to mention if intel will still release the 4-core broadwell for notebooks :rolleyes:

19. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Mac Pro users use external SSD RAIDs.

20. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I am betting on it. That is why I didnt fall for the "refresh"

21. spatlese44 macrumors 6502

22. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

That's quite a bold and sweeping statement, don't you think?