Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
is there a possibility that Apple might change the 15" Skylake rMBP keyboard to the 12" New MacBook like Keyboard ?

With the 12" Macbook Apple had to change the Keyboard as they wanted to make it super super thin and slim so for that, a keyboard this thin was needed I don't think IMO we will see this thin or a completely overhauled Keyboard in the Skylake 15" rMBP. What do you guys think ? Any comments ?

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
It is possible. I would be surprised if they didn't, really, as they spend time designing it for making laptops thinner. Also, it would be kind of an achknowledgement that is isn't as good as the old one, if they didn't shift all their laptops to it IMO.

I guess it depends on how much space they need to accomodate the motherboard + CPU/GPU + fan on top, as I assume that is the limiting factor in height.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
is there a possibility that Apple might change the 15" Skylake rMBP keyboard to the 12" New MacBook like Keyboard ?

With the 12" Macbook Apple had to change the Keyboard as they wanted to make it super super thin and slim so for that, a keyboard this thin was needed I don't think IMO we will see this thin or a completely overhauled Keyboard in the Skylake 15" rMBP. What do you guys think ? Any comments ?

I think they will move to the butterfly mechanism, however I think they'll give it a little more key travel in the pro's where they have the space to allow it. Hopefully then we get the best of both worlds more stable keys with great travel and action.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.