Skylanders Trap Team

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Apr 24, 2014.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

[​IMG]

Well shiver me timbers it's time for another instalment of the billion dollar franchise ...

Many of you know I love these games.

Available October 5th USA & 9/10th Europe on PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, 360 & PS3

3DS version is a different game.

Some next ten screenshots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meet some of the new toys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new traps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Parents and my bank manager prepare to be hammered in October :)

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

This explains the huge pricedrop/closeouts on Giants and now Swapforce... ;)

This will look exceptional on all the newest consoles (Wii U, PS4, XBox1).

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep picked up a few characters I skipped simply because they had dropped to half price myself. :)

Can't wait for the new one. Not bothered about Disney Infinity 2.0 however..

4. -SD- macrumors 6502

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Picking up Trap team tomorrow, and characters. Expecting this is going to be a €250 day...... :D eek

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

New version of Skylanders, new version of Disney Infinity...

Please, make it stop....

:eek:

7. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

8. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412938651.686619.jpg newbies mixed with a couple of oldies... My Skylander collection is now over 100+ characters...eek

10. -SD- macrumors 6502

I just returned from GAME with my Skylanders haul: Dark Edition starter pack, regular starter pack, all eight currently available Trap Masters and a couple of the new standard guys.

I won't get back until late with the kids, so they'll get to open it all in t morning. Apart from the Dark Edition and any Legendaries; they always get saved for Xmas.

And then tomorrow afternoon I'll take them into town for 'round two' and get the rest of the standard characters, minis and traps.

:apple:

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I only missed one of the trap masters, so I'll go to a different store to buy him, and I'm still contemplating picking up standard edition on the xbox one for regular characters. I probably won't buy 'old' characters remodelled. I'd rather just get the new ones and use my existing old ones in the new game, I've only got 4 traps so far, so must pick up the remaining element ones I am missing too.

And they wonder why this franchise has made billions ///// its lunatics like us :D

12. -SD- macrumors 6502

Well, that was certainly an expensive trip to Toys R Us....

We now have all of the wave 1 & 2 regular characters, Trap Masters, adventure packs and minis, aside from Nitro Krypt King which might be exclusive to Tesco.

We have 17 traps in total so I just need to work out which ones of those we're missing.

:apple:

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Omg your worse than Me :D :D

Is there more than 2 adventure packs available at the moment?

Amazon.De have Nitro Krypt King ;)

14. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

MRU says somebody is *worse* than he is!

Big EEK! :p

I never thought I would live to see the day...:D

15. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I have no idea what this game is, what it is about, or what these figures do within a game but man my nephew is gaga for this damn game!

16. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL... I know I feel like I'm being 'challenged' :confused::eek::D;)

It's just a great game, whether young or old - once it hooks you - you remain hooked. It has something many games fail to have in the modern age - charm / wit and vibrancy. Lots of depth behind the shiny vibrant exterior - its the total antithetical game of most modern day games. It's old school but in the best possible way :D

17. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

The last thing I need is another cash spending hobby so I will take your word on it. It definitely looks interesting but I am keeping it at arms length. :)

18. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

...that, in addition, requires me to collect a large number of objects. I already have so much in my office, it is spilling over into the rest of the house, and I'm afraid somebody may call one of those hoarding TV shows :eek:

19. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah to be honest playing sky landers is like a ritual because I have to get all the ones I want to play with, sorted into generations, sorted into elements and it can take me a good 30 mins to get myself all set up and then same for putting them away... T'insanely OCD addictive.

20. alent1234 macrumors 603

my kids love this

my personal rule though is one expensive skylander per element before i buy any that my kids will really want for whatever reason. i have 8 traps and will only buy more on sale

21. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just a heads up for UK/Euro customers.

The newly announced light & dark adventure packs which will retail for €29.99 each or £24.99 in the likes of Toys R Us etc...

Amazon UK have them priced for pre-order at £8.36 each

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...team+elemental&rh=i:aps,k:trap+team+elemental

Order before they put the price up and save yourself a good amount of money, because you avail of the amazon price promise.