Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
What's going on with Skype? I get an exact skype buddy name from some people and I can't add some of them (simply doesn't find it). Why does it have to do a search instead of just directly adding it like AIM?

Any way to fix this?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
you must not be entering the name correctly.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 172

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Where are those options on your screenshot located? When i select "add a contact" the search box appears and there's no option to directly add a contact but to confirm the search first and most of the time it's not finidng the contacts even if the exact buddy name is put in.

Thanks

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hmm, I just entered the "test" screen name into the search bar on the top of the buddy list.

Jeez so Skype is so non-userfriendly. You have to do these kind of things to get to the proper features. My goodness.

If you didn't do a search in the search box you can only add your buddies by entering it in the "searching for buddies"-panel where it does a worldwide search for it and often doesn't find it no matter if you type the exact buddyname into it.

Somebody at Skype seriously needs to get fired and get the UI working properly.

Thanks again :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.