Skype Always drops my calls

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Jan 16, 2008.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Is anyone else having this issue. Always in the middle of a call it just cuts off. It always happens.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. thegeist macrumors member

4. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

you already try calling skype customer support?

5. mrukz macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I am using OS X 10.5.2 and Skype 2.7.0.257. Skype is added to the list of applications that can receive incoming connections.

Calls get dropped randomly but consistently. I mean that there is no particular time it takes before a call drops but almost every call drops if I talk long enough. I use a Netgear skype phone from the same network (on a different port) and I never have any problems, I can talk for hours.

6. Trixs macrumors member

I'm having the same problem on my macbook. Does anyone have a solution yet?

7. npaler01 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue and now my company wants to do Skype meetings. Has anyone found a solution to this for Mac?

8. jparro macrumors newbie

Dropped Calls

I have a MacBook Pro, 10.5.8 operating system, wireless connection and also am experiencing dropped calls consistently at random. I am talking on Skype to users on PCs so not sure if that is the problem or not. Anyone know of a work around for this? Thanks.

9. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

I have had this problem on both PC and Mac for a long time...wired, wireless doesn't matter. I think it has to do mostly with your location and the network's traffic. Skype has no real support system...you can't call or get them via email. They are happy to take your money for SkypeOut but don't have the decency to have support available (and the forums are not real support) I am looking for an alternative but don't see anything much better. I have been after them to turn off the automatic credit refill they added and cannot. I used to select to add credit when I wanted but they decided to make it automatic without giving me an opt out option.