Skype and MBP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 03sho, Oct 23, 2010.

1. 03sho macrumors 6502a

I have downloaded the new version of Skype and it just won't let me log on. It says failed to log in: unable to connect to server. I try logging in my iPhone and Pc and they're fine. I have even downloaded the older versions of Skype and it's the same error.

I am on OS X 10.6.4. Please help guys.

2. djweissman macrumors newbie

the fix

OK so all you have to do is turn your firewall on or off. whichever yours isn't set on.

3. katz macrumors newbie

Skype had been broken for a couple months now and there has been no update. You'll have to download an older version from here:

http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

Version 2.7.0.330 supposedly works.

4. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's not true. I use the most current version and have never had a problem of any kind.

6. tcador macrumors regular

Thank you for this suggestion. I too had a problem connecting using the latest 2.8.0.851 version currently available. After downloading the version above I was finally able to connect, and now I'm going to try the latest version again to see if it will work now that an initial connection has been made.

UPDATE: Yes, it's working after first installing 2.7.0.330, logging in, and then upgrading to the latest version. Just a note that I haven't used Skype previously and therefore never installed the older versions in the past.

7. Resist macrumors 68030

I was having the same issue, but installing 2.7.0.330 and upgrading to the latest version within Skype worked for me!

8. jon08 macrumors 68000

+1