Skype audio & video call problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Schtumple, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Has anyone else has an incredibly fuzz sound start whenever they start a video or audio call on skype?

I'll post a video up of it happening asap

Before anyone says it, I've updated everything.... latest skype, latest firmware and 10.4.10, it's been happening since i first got the mac.

Just want to know if anyone else has the same problem, and if anyone knows how to fix it...

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Is this a new annoyance? Or did this just start happening after you updated something? Does the buzz continue to occur after connecting or only in the beginning?

Are both you and the other person using headphones? That alone can often help with most audio blips (including the infamous echo and screeching feedback sounds).

I personally am running the latest version of Skype (2.6.0.148) but OS X 10.4.9 and don't really think I have that same issue. That is, if I'm correctly guessing the sound you're talking about. I have heard some noise, but I always shrugged it off as a byproduct of general voice over the internet buzz. :eek:

That said, I don't have a solution for you and I did poke around on Skype's forum to see if others were reporting the same issue. I didn't find much, but you might want to do some more searching on their forums yourself, as I can't do a decent search without experiencing the problem myself. :eek:

:edit: I'm an idjit. As I'm not running 10.4.10 I don't know and sort of "forgot", but could your issue be related to this? Quite a few folks are reporting audio mishaps after updating to the most recent OS X version.

3. Schtumple thread starter macrumors 601

Schtumple

It has been occurring constantly, since i first got skype and first got the mac, i was hoping updates would solve it (especially the skype 2.6 update), its not a quiet fuzzing, its incredibly loud.

It happens as soon as i open a call window, like i select to call someone, and the fuzzing starts before its connected to the other person, its not constantly fuzzing, it stops and starts but it renders all calls useless, even when in a video call and both mics are muted, it will still fuzz.

I've also had a connection issue with my speakers, where at completely random occasions it will make a very very loud buzzing sound, like that of holding a guitar cable thats plugged into an amp, its a loose connection inside, i know this from experience, i doubt apple would repair it thought because it happens so rarely, so far only about 10 times since i got it (February)

I will post a video up in the next few hours