Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Does a Skype call have one caller who 'hosts' the call like a online multiplayer video game? And is that caller chosen on a connection basis?

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
I'm not sure if this is what you're asking - but when I want to speak to several friends at once I call everybody. I call the first person and then after that when I place the cursor over a contact Skype asks if I want to add that contact to the call, and so on, until everyone is online. So they're not separate connections, and I think if someone tries to call me they'll get a busy message rather than getting to join in on the call.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I'm not sure if this is what you're asking - but when I want to speak to several friends at once I call everybody. I call the first person and then after that when I place the cursor over a contact Skype asks if I want to add that contact to the call, and so on, until everyone is online. So they're not separate connections, and I think if someone tries to call me they'll get a busy message rather than getting to join in on the call.

Sorry not really what I was asking. My question is: Does one caller act as like a 'central node' to the call i.e. does all the call traffic go though them? Also how would this work for a 2user call?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.