Skype crashes in Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by applesith, Feb 3, 2008.

1. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

I use Skype video chat a lot and ever since I upgraded to Leopard, Skype crashes. It will run for a while but eventually crash. And almost every time the other party ends the call, my Skype crashes. Everything is all up to date.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix? Thanks.

2. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Hmm. I use Skype a LOT and I have Leopard, yet I've never experienced this before.

What version of Skype are you using?

And have you tried uninstalling & re-installing? This certainly sounds like an isolated case.

3. schagiie macrumors newbie

Same issue

Hello,

I'm currently facing the same issue...

schagiie

4. stevodotorg macrumors newbie

same

I can vouch I have been having the same exact problem ever since the switch to Leopard on my Macbook Pro (fresh install).. anyone else?

its quite annoying :confused:

5. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Yeah, I use Skype a few times a week and have never had an issue. Make sure your version is the current one, and definitely try reinstalling in any case.

6. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I'd try uninstalling it and remove any preference files related to Skype and then make sure you install the latest version. If you keep getting crashes like this, try setting up a different user account on the computer and see if it works without issue there.

7. stevodotorg macrumors newbie

Already tried it (used AppZapper).. and have tried a few versions, latest, past, and betas. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

8. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

This isn't terribly helpful, I know, but my friend runs 10.5.1 on a SR MBP and Skype crashes almost every time.

I've got Skype running on my MB and alum iMac 10.5.1 on both machines, and it doesn't crash on my end. Some of the other folks in this thread talking about this also seem to be using MBPs... wonder if that's in any way related? :eek:

Also, in the past, I've found little to no help w/ Skype here on MR. Take a look at the Mac OS X forums on Skype. See if they might be of more help. :)

9. Tweak3D macrumors regular

skype crashes on my MBP very often too. but on my GF's macbook nothing, it works great. just thought I would chime in.

10. f1 macrumors 6502

mine seems to crash when i'm video chatting with PC users, but video chat with Mac users seems to be quite stable :confused:

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Those who are crashing: Are you using the current stable version, or the "beta for advanced users?"

12. f1 macrumors 6502