Skype does this charge against my AT&T minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonesrq, Apr 3, 2009.

1. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

Skype does this charge against my AT&T minutes...cause i just made a call to my friend (a regular cell phone number, not a skype #) and it worked....so does it charge against my minutes, cause I thought I could only call skype people??

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

If you called from your computer to a phone, no you are not charged on your cell phone. Why would you be?

3. iphonesrq thread starter macrumors 6502

no I called from my iPhone with the skype app....but i thought i read that i could only call people w/ skype accounts for free?

4. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Well, you're right about the way it's supposed to work. You can call Skype-to-Skype for free, but in order to call regular phones (meaning wired or cell phones) you're supposed to need Skype credit, so you can 'SkypeOut'. Are you sure you didn't just make a regular call to your friend? Either way, Skype is not tied to your AT&T minutes.

5. iphonesrq thread starter macrumors 6502

no i had the app open & clicked on the dial pad on the bottom...called his 7 digit # this came up (not enough credits) then i put in his 10digit w/ area code & it calls right away??

i've had skype out on my iMac so i familiar w/ how it works

6. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

your first call is free. To make others calls you need Skype credit and no it does not use your minutes.

7. iphonesrq thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks this makes sense now...1st call is FREE!

i tired to call the same way again and it reads (not enough credits)

thanks again