Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leons

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
If I have Skype running, and someone calls my SkypeIn Number and I don't answer after many rings (or reject the call), the caller will get a a fast busy signal after many rings. It DOES NOT go Voicemail. Is this a general Skype problem, or am I the only one?

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
My Skype voicemail works fine. If I'm not online and someone calls my Skype-In number it goes to Voicemail fine. And then I get a nice email telling me I have a new message.

Have you activated voicemail?

leons

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
Yes, mine goes to voicemail if I'm offline too. I'm talking about if I'm ONLY online with my Iphone, and I can't/don't answer when it rings, or reject the call. Then, the caller only gets a fast busy.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Yes, mine goes to voicemail if I'm offline too. I'm talking about if I'm ONLY online with my Iphone, and I can't/don't answer when it rings, or reject the call. Then, the caller only gets a fast busy.

Ah, sorry. Misunderstood. Not sure then as I've not had that situation yet. But isn't there a setting for divert if unanswered. Would probably need to check settings on website rather than on phone. I might take a look myself.

leons

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
..... isn't there a setting for divert if unanswered. Would probably need to check settings on website rather than on phone. I might take a look myself.

yes... there is a setting for that (on desktop Skype), and I set it. It works correctly if I am only logged in on desktop. But if I am only logged on Iphone, it never goes to Voicemail... anyone?

KidPub

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2009
Near Boston MA
yes... there is a setting for that (on desktop Skype), and I set it. It works correctly if I am only logged in on desktop. But if I am only logged on Iphone, it never goes to Voicemail... anyone?

FWIW I see the same behavior on the iPhone, and it's the same whether or not I'm logged in on the desktop. I was hoping to keep Skype running in the background on the phone (which works fine), but the loss of voicemail when using the phone app limits its usefulness.

I posted note on the Skype forum about this, we'll see if anyone has a workaround.

Perry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.