Skype for iPhone!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by macfan19803, Mar 30, 2009.

1. macfan19803 macrumors newbie

2. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Its a great app, I love it already.

Attached Files:

3. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

From what I have heard about the approval process, how can they know that it will be out on a certain day. Do you get notified when an application is approved with the day it will be available?

4. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

No Idea but it was out here in the UK just after it turned 12.

5. diesel macrumors 6502a

I've read somewhere before that the dev can specify a release date and assuming that the app is approved prior to the dev specified release date, apple will hold the release until that day. However, if the app hasn't been approved and the release date requested comes around, the app will not be released. So i would suspect that the dev will set a release date far enough in the future to ensure approval prior to the date.

6. yrchern macrumors member

It's already available in Japan store. I just got it :)

7. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

It's on the US store now as well. Although it keeps crashing on me. :(

8. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

9. speedracer3000 macrumors 6502

10. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

I couldn't log in (crashed every time) until I disabled clippy....

11. WJ2593 macrumors newbie

12. JamboUK macrumors member

Thanks for that tip. Yep.. clippy crashes it all the time. Removed. Cheers.

13. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

FINALLY.

I've used it tonight, and the calls are very clear. I'm happy so far with this app.

14. emp1re macrumors newbie

15. mav814 macrumors member

mav814

Yesss! My bro is in Mexico right now and our main way of communication is skype :D

16. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Cool. Skype Out works over 3G using the 3.0b2 software ... Excellent sound quality too! I called my grandma in the States from my house (Tokyo) over 3G and she said I sounded like I was in the next room. :D

17. tacoman667 macrumors regular

I am trying to sign up for the 3 dollar unlimited US calling but the site keeps redirecting me to a Chinese site. Clicking English link at the bottom doesn't show me a page I was trying to get to in order to subscribe to a payment plan. I cannot seem to get to any answers on either site even while using google translate.

Can anyone help me out here? I see a lot of people using Skype on this thread so I do not mean to hijack the thread, I just really want to try out skype.

Thanks!

18. TonyL08 macrumors regular

It seems to be a problem with people that register for a skype account from the app. Happened to my nephew. This thread at Skype is about the issue...

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=256411

iPhone stuff starts around page 2 or 3.

19. tacoman667 macrumors regular

Great. Welp, I'm on the list of screwed potentials. iCall was promising but not for 10 bucks a month without 3G calling. Skype was my only hope to stick it to the man (AT&T). Thanks Skype for not letting me get your service, you big tease!

20. macfan881 macrumors 68020

any one tried calling some one that has a psp i tryed my psp 3000 calling my dads iphone but i get some message about mic or speakers being mesed up:confused:

21. LinMac macrumors 65816

I just installed the OSX version of Skype to signup before removing it from my computer. I wasn't directed to the PCHome site after signing up from my Mac so all is good for me. :D

22. ahm macrumors member

Does anyone know if I can use an iPhone without getting AT&T mobile service? I was going to get an iPod touch and buy that microphone dongle thing, but if I can just open the Skype app, dial a number and put the phone to my ear it would be slightly more convenient and also eliminate the need to carry little attachments around.

I know the iPod touch and iPhone are basically the same device, except one is a phone, and the iPod obviously doesn't have a built in earpiece and microphone, and no camera. That's why I'm asking. I want to use the built in earpiece, microphone and camera.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched the forums and didn't see anything that was exactly like my question. But maybe I missed something.

23. paddyi macrumors member

I hate to be a bit of an idiot but can someone explain how it works. If I try to call a landline or mobile number in my home country (England) it makes the call but I am not paying for it - I have no credit in my skype account. I thought I could only make free calls to other skype users.

24. Dogfood1 macrumors newbie

Same here

Same here (albeit in the US) - I'm a Skype newbie. I thought only skype-to-skype calls were free on the iPhone. I've not put any $$$ into my account, but I made a call to a landline phone. According the Skype website this cost me $0.06 - will this end up on my AT&T bill?