Skype for PSP

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macsig, Apr 17, 2008.

1. macsig macrumors regular

Hi there,
    I'm thinking to buy a PSP I have spent sometime on PSP website and I saw that it can be used with skype (skype for PSP) but i couldn't find any information about that on skype.com.

IS skype for PSP pre-installed on PSP or once I buy it I have to install it, if so where can I find it?

THANKS

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

It comes on it but it is only for the new PSP slims and you might just need to do a software update but it should come with a new version. You also need the PSP Skype Headset to talk which isn't out yet but it really is just the PSP headphones with remote and the PSP headset combined.

So you launch skype from the Network Section on the PSP XMB (main menu). Then your background switches to blue (ummm why?) and you select a wifi point and log in (it can save the user/pass). Then you can edit your profile, view/call your contacts, view your history, dial a phone number, or change settings. Here's s a screenshot.

[​IMG]

4. macsig thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks skyper for your reply.

If I'm going to buy it today is there only a PSP model (the slim one) or I have to check it out which one I'm buying?

Have a nice day!

5. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Hey that's pretty cool. His name is really Spyker, but you misspelled it and spelled it Skyper, which is the topic at hand, lol. :D

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

You just wanna get the PSP-2000 (thats the part number). They are the ones that are ~$170USD. They are in a pack this:

[​IMG]

There is also a Silver one that comes with Daxter (good game), Family Guy Episodes and a 1GB Memory Stick for ~$200. Thats the best deal if you don't mind the silver colour.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's not a real box is it? That PSP looks a bit different.

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

The edges are cut of because it's behind a plastic screen in the box. You could get that or the Daxter, Star Wars, or God of Ware bundle. Not sure which of those are available now.

9. macsig thread starter macrumors regular