Skype hints at Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InsanelyApple, Dec 27, 2010.

1. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm sure Skype is preparing documents in case they need them.

I'm also sure Skype knows nothing about Verizon or Apple's plans. I can think of no reason why either company would share this kind of info with Skype.

Sometimes companies just like to be prepared.

3. davidgrimm macrumors regular

I hope you're right. I left ATT and an now having iPhone withdrawal. I'm month-to-month on T-Mobile. I like the service, but I HATE my phone.

Please, some other carrier get the iPhone SOON!

4. brando123b macrumors regular

I have never known corporate America to just prepare stuff in case they need it. There is very little bloat in companies these days, not enough to have artists sit around and make help documents with random service providers on them in the off chance they were to partner.

I really can't imagine January coming and going without a Verizon iPhone. There is too much of a rumbling going on now.

The other problem Apple has now is that the uninformed public tends to buy into the hype. If Apple were to stick with ATT, they would run the risk of alienating millions of would-be Verizon iPhone owners.

Apple would be foolish to allow the android onslaught to continue unaffected.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Too many major outlets have already "confirmed" rumors of a Verizon iPhone for it to not happen now.

Not sure about the "onslaught" of Android devices though. :rolleyes:

6. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

Skype is partners with verizon, so I'm not surprised.

7. brando123b macrumors regular

That was not a dig at Apple. It was simply stating that right now, across multiple carriers, Android is forging ahead. I hate my original Droid. Regardless of what side you fall on, nobody would refute that Android has gained significant market share in comparison to any other mobile OS.

A VZW iPhone would be a huge blow to Android.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You really think the idea of a Verizon iPhone is "random?"

I'd say there are more than a few clues out there that would lead them to think that way. He didn't find a Skype document talking about a Sprint iPhone, after all.

9. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

We have to wait till the Verizon iPhone gets released before we can start the daily 'iPhone to Sprint' rumor threads!:D