Skype IM suddenly stopped working.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by volesky88, Dec 15, 2009.

1. volesky88 macrumors newbie

I've been using Skype for several months now and it works just fine...until now. I mainly use the chat feature to chat with a friend of mine, but out of nowhere it stopped displaying what I was typing. I can hear the sound it makes when you enter a text or receive a message, but it isn't being displayed in the window. I can still use video and the mic to hear them, but the IM doesn't display mine or anyone else's messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. raison macrumors member

Strange. Can you see the cursor moving at all?

3. volesky88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I could see the cursor. I could see everything I typed in the text box, and when I pressed enter, it made the little pop sound that you entered a message, but it wouldn't show anything:confused:. I looked at some other forums and someone mentioned to uninstall so I tried that, reinstalled and it works so...I don't know lol. Maybe it was just some kind of graphical hiccup????

4. raison macrumors member

Maybe.. a guess.. font color? White text in a white background or something like that? :confused:

5. volesky88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Most definitely not that. I don't know it was so weird because I uninstalled and reinstalled and it was still doing it. Then I signed back in to see if it was still being stupid and for some reasons it stopped. I have no idea what it was but it was making me pretty angry and I really hope it doesn't happen again.