Skype integration (2013-14)

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Nikaladze, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Nikaladze macrumors newbie

Hi, all!

I just need to know, is there any ways to integrate Skype into the app right now. I need only a chat functionality. No video or audio calls, no file transfer, only chat.

Official site has some "integration" tutorial:
    Code:
    - (IBAction)skypeMe:(id)sender {
      BOOL installed = [[UIApplication sharedApplication] canOpenURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"skype:"]];
      if(installed) {
        [[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"skype:echo123?call"]];
      } else{
        [[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"http://itunes.com/apps/skype/skype"]];
      }
    }
    ,but it's about nothing, it's not an integration

Regards

Niko

2. Nikaladze thread starter macrumors newbie

Because I want to make something like IM+

3. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

So you could use a bog standard role your own jabber client or do you need access to skypes user base?

4. Sonnestah macrumors regular

You would have to check if Skype provides a SDK for iOS, otherwise I don't think it would be possible

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

It's a form of integration (fairly minor, IMO) whereby you can start another app from within yours through the use of Custom URL Schemes. But URIs seems to be the extent of what you can use with Skype.

6. Nikaladze thread starter macrumors newbie

It's too bad

That's the point, I need an access to skype contacts and messages. I thought maybe someone done something similar. There is another unofficial scheme with using of Jabber transport protocol karaka. But job was stopped on this project.