Skype + iPad2??? Will it work on day one with video?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by phillips321, Mar 2, 2011.

1. phillips321 macrumors member

Hi guys,

Just registered. Since xmas i have been following the information regarding the ipad2 as it's both mine and my father intention to get one each.

My sister has moved to australia and we use skype to speak to her. We currently have laptops but feel an ipad with video capabilities would better suit our needs.

I currently use skype on the iphone4 for video calling, i presume skype will just be the same on the ipad2?

Have any devs been able to confirm if skype will work on the ipad2? This is our main reason for purchasing an ipad each.

Many thanks

Matthew

2. phillips321 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

So the iPad2 is now out. Has anyone tested skype yet? Specifically video calling.

Thanks

3. joltaxt macrumors regular

I made a thread about this same thing. Read the forum and you'll find your answer

4. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

The short answer is yes. However, it's just an iPhone app so the screen is small and doesn't take advantage of iPad.

5. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

They should uodate the skype app so that it's universal

6. MarioB macrumors member

or you can jailbreak and try fullforce or 1 of those apps that take advantage of the apps that are made for the iphone4 display. That's when 4.3 jb comes out, of course...

7. phillips321 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Any chance of a link to this? Am on iPhone so can't find it.