skype not ready for iphone os 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hypnos58, Jun 19, 2010.

1. hypnos58 macrumors newbie

After multiple emails to skype about ios4 readiness it is clear they ARE NOT ready for ios4 no running in the background etc....Despite their demo in march they told me that was an "experimental version". I hope the admin of this blog can forward this so it can be either confirmed or denied an the results posted on the web site.

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

There are very few (if any?) apps that have been updated to iOS4's multitasking APIs. iOS4 hasn't even been released to everyone yet.

3. hypnos58 thread starter macrumors newbie

they had the devolpers version since march. they were also one of very few shown to work at the march conference

4. ee99ee macrumors 6502

ee99ee

When I try to launch Skype on my iPhone 4, it says I can only run it on unmodified iPhone OS 3.x. Wtf?

-Chris

5. mozfet macrumors newbie

Skype on iPhone OS4 doesn't work

I've just upgraded my iPhone 3GS to OS4, and it looks and works great... to bad about Skype not working properly in Multi App mode; every time you switch away from Skype to another app, double click the home button and select Skype again, Skype wants you to login again!

Looking forward to seeing an Skype update!