skype on iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by caralck, Mar 31, 2011.

1. caralck macrumors member

Just curious if any of you have been using skype on the iphone4 yet? Just curious if it kills your data plan use (At&t) or if AT&T is slapping on extra fees for using skype. I tried to search online but haven't found any concrete answers. Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

AT&T cant slap any extra fees besides just using up the 3G data thats on your plan.
    If you're on unlimited data you can skype away as much as you want. If you're on the 2G data plan it will take lots and lots of hours of videochatting thru skype to reach your limit. It works ok thru 3G and Wifi.

3. caralck thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately not unlimited but I did sign up for the higher limit package. Guess I'll have some fun then!

4. caralck thread starter macrumors member

I did a 5 min skype with my husband today and I haven't seen anything show up on my online AT&T profile yet. Wonder if anything will register since it only lists texts that were sent. Guess I'll keep checking over the weekend. It worked great though!